“The [performance] is an intelligent, expressive and engaging production which gently subverts preconceptions around hip-hop and masculinity … A rich exploration of the possibilities
of hip-hop choreography and an early highlight of Dance Massive.”
- Richard Watt, Arts Hub
In Between Tiny Cities រវាងទីក្រុងតូច, dancers Erak Mith from Phnom Penh and Aaron Lim from Darwin use the rituals, movement styles and language of their shared hip-hop culture to reveal the dramatically different worlds that surround them and uncover the choreographic links that unite them.
Phnom Penh and Darwin are very different cities – but there is one strong style that unites them. The dancers blend the raw, powerful and sometimes aggressive energy of b-boy battles with elegant improvisation and choreography. Always aware of each other’s presence, always staying focused on the other, the dancers are locked in a fierce competition and yet at the same time are a partnership, a team.
Between Tiny Cities រវាងទីក្រុងតូច is choreographed by internationally-renowned hip-hop artist Nick Power and accompanied by the beats and sound design of Jack Prest. The project is the result of a four-year dance exchange between Darwin’s D*City Rockers and Cambodia’s Tiny Toones youth programme. The two crews have travelled, trained, battled and performed together, and Between Tiny Cities រវាងទីក្រុងតូច, is the culmination of that exchange.
Between Tiny Cities រវាងទីក្រុងតូច was originally developed with the support of: Catalyst – Australian Arts & Culture Fund, Australia Council for the Arts, Artback NT, and Creative Accomplice.
Photo credits: Pippa Samaya
- Performance: 40 minutes
- No intermission
|Category||Standard||Early Bird (Ends July 9)||Senior Citizens, Children (6-12) & OKU|
|Standard||RM 65.00||RM 46.00||RM 33.00|
Event Terms & Conditions
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Out of consideration for both the audience and artists, children under the age of 6 are not allowed admission.
Late Seating Policy:
- Latecomers will be refused entry once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording are allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM30.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Online ticket selling will close 1 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to email@example.com.